- Most people already have an account.
- No seller fees with local pickup.
- Not great for rare items (choose Ebay).
- Not great for high value items (less protection for sellers).
- Shipping isn’t as easy.
- Many customers looking for handmade goods, Etsy only allows for handmade or vintage goods to be listed on its marketplace.
- Have your own web address.
-Offsite Ads feature built in.
- $0.20 Listing fee, 5 % Transaction fee, 3% + $0.25 payment processing fee.
- Etsy fully dictates the terms of what you do, often implements changes suddenly.
- Very professional, strong analytics tools.
- For part of the pandemic, sales were equivalent to Black Friday for several weeks in a row. Stock Price
- Shopify plans range from $29.00 - $299.00 per moth, fees range from .5% - 2.9% depending on the plan.
- You need to establish a legal entity for your company and provide an EIN to create a shop (Employer Identification Number).
- Letgo, Offerup, Nextdoor: Apps that allow you to sell to people in your area.
-Craigslist: Allows for a variety of sales and postings, not frequently used for handmade items.
-Ebay: Good for rare items. May be ideal for designs in particular trades (woodworking, glass making).
- Necessary for Shopify, Etsy and others.
- Not necessary for Facebook Marketplace, seller apps (Letgo, Offerup, etc.)
- GoDaddy, Domain.com, Bluehost can be used to buy web domains.