What is an Objective/ Summary?
- This section usually consists of 1-3 lines, and it’s below your contact information.
- Important to include in resume if you have never had a job before, or little experience related in the job you are applying to.
- Emphasize on your key qualifications, skills, and goals.
What do I do if I don’t have enough on my resume?
- Learn a New Language
- Get a license/ certification: CPR, Forklift License, PERC Card, CNC Operation, software programs, coding
Easy to apply. Great for finding part time, gig jobs, or jobs at small businesses. Need to be careful, some postings are scams.
For very professional jobs. Need very specific qualifications.
Most commonly used. Some applications are very fast.
Other job sites/ job boards:
Watch an entire course or short individual video, bookmark courses that suit your interests
- Looking for a new job? With LinkedIn Learning you can get the resume writing and interview skills you need.
- Are you looking to level up in your career? Expand your skills in courses like sales, marketing, graphic design, user experience, IT, human resources and project management.
- Maybe you’re thinking of pursuing a new career path? Explore topics like personal branding, small business finance, freelancing and design thinking.